“Rock Your Business” Contest Rules:
1. KRIX-FM/105.5 Rocket contests require no purchase or payment necessary to enter or to win. All U.S., federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
2. Only an owner or employee of a locally owned business in the Rio Grande Valley may participate in the “Rock Your Business” contest. Locally owned means the owner must operate and headquarter his/her business in Cameron, Hidalgo or Willacy county.
3. The “Rock Your Business” contest ends at 11:59 p.m. on June 7, 2020. The winner will be announced on June 8, 2020.
3. There will be only one winner. The winner of the “Rock Your Business” contest is not eligible to enter the “Rock Your Business” contest for six months (or 180 days) from day of announcement/notification.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Employees of KRIX-FM/105.5 Rocket, its affiliates, other radio stations, media outlets, promotional sponsors, and all affiliated companies (and the immediate family members of all such employees, and all other with whom they are domiciled) are not eligible to participate in the contest or win prizes. The term “immediate family” include spouses, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren.
5. ODDS: The odds of winning the contest depend on the number of people attempting to participate in the contest at any given time.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: The winner may waive his or her right to receive the prize. The prize is non-assignable and non-transferable. No substitutions allowed. The winner is solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any taxes on the prize. As a condition of receiving the contest prize, the winner will be required to sign a written statement accepting the prize and giving permission for a press release. The statement must be signed at the time the winner claims his/her prize at KRIX-FM/105.5 Rocket. Failure to sign the statement, or to comply with any term or condition of these official rules, may, at the sole discretion of KRIX-FM/105.5 Rocket, result in the winner’s disqualification and the forfeiture of his or her prize. Participation in the contest constitutes the winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name and photo on the KRIX-FM/105.5 Rocket website and social media sites for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or additional compensation. This includes on-air announcements of the winner.
7. PARTICIPATION: Participation in the contest constitutes an agreement by each contestant to comply with these official rules. KRIX-FM/105.5 Rocket reserves the right to cancel or modify the contest if it determines, in its sole discretion, that fraud or technical failures have destroyed the integrity of the contest.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering the contest, contestant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any contestant be permitted to obtain any award for, and contestant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
9. CONSTRUCTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of the contestant and KRIX/105.5 Rocket’s connection with the contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
10. GENERAL RELEASE: By entering the contest, contestants release KRIX-FM/105.5 Rocket any other promotional sponsors, and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the contest or with the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light).
11. Contests are sponsored by KRIX-FM/105.5 Rocket whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of contest shall be final and binding in all respects. KRIX-FM/105.5 Rocket will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these official rules or in other contest materials.